From Legacy Wiki
All textual contents of the site the Legacy Wiki are released under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), unless it is not stated explicitly on a page that its content is public domain.
What Legacy Wiki is
- Legacy Wiki is about Legacy
- Legacy Wiki, has only one topic: the online game Legacy. At the moment, this site is meant to give a introduction to Legacy, some background information and details on the history of our sites. English is the only language used on this site.
- Legacy Wiki is an Instruction Manual
- This site therefore includes pure descriptions, advice, suggestions, and contains how-tos; this includes tutorials, walk-throughs and instruction manuals related to the subject matter.
- Legacy Wiki is heading to become a first access point
- This site is meant to become the first access point to the world of Legacy, collecting and including nearly all important information about it - in the long run.
What Legacy Wiki is not
- Legacy Wiki is not Wikipedia
- Legacy Wiki is not the free encyclopedia Wikipedia. If you're interested in working on the Wikipedia encyclopedia, you can find it in your respective language at their worldwide portal.
- Legacy Wiki is not a free host or web space provider
- This site is not meant to store private, commercial or any other content that is unrelated to the game Legacy. It is also not meant to be used as a test wiki e.g. to try out formatting (only use our Sandbox for that) or to create valid XHTML contents for foreign projects.
- You may not host your own website, homepage, blog, or wiki at this site.
- Of course, users can have their own personal pages, but they are used for information relevant to working on Legacy Wiki and Legacy. If you are looking to make a personal web page that is not related to Legacy, please make use of one of the many free homepage providers on the Internet or find a suitable blog. Advertising, especially external links, may be removed from a user's page when there are no relevant user contributions related to Legacy.
- Legacy Wiki is not a repository of links, images, or media files
- This site is neither a mirror nor a repository of links, images, or media files. Please upload only files that are useful for Legacy Wiki and provide full information on source and a free license; everything else will be deleted.
- All content added to Legacy Wiki may have to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will. By submitting any content, you agree to release it for free use under the GNU FDL, or if it's stated explicitly, as Public Domain.
- Legacy Wiki is not a vehicle for advertising
- This site is not a vehicle for (commercial) promotion or advertising, propaganda or advocacy - other than for Legacy Wiki itself or Legacy.
- Legacy Wiki is not an indiscriminate collection of information
- This site is not an indiscriminate collection of items of information about whatever. That something is dealing with any wiki or with any software issue in general does not mean it is suitable for inclusion in this site. Please try to stay on the task of creating contents concerning Legacy.
- Legacy Wiki is not a forum or a chat room
- Don't (mis)use this site, especially user pages and talk pages, as a forum, bulletin board or chat room (what is a question of quantity and contents, of course). We have a chat room and a forum in Legacy for that.